Annual Scholarship Award
Criteria for Eligibility
Applications are to be submitted with supporting documentation no later than: July 1, 2023
Thank you for your interest in applying for a CAFA Educational Scholarship. Click this Link to open the Application and Checklist forms for printing and data entry. Its important that you read and understand the application submission Criteria for Eligibility.
2023 Awards Ceremony
The Service & Education Committee has announced the date and event location for the Scholarship $ Community Awards Ceremony. Please see below information:
Date: August 6th, 2023
Location: Kissimme Civic Center
201 E Dakin Ave.
Kissimmee, FL. 34741
Time: 3:00 P.M.
Adults – $40
Children (12 and under) – $20
Electronic Payment Methods:
Add in the memo field:
Dear Applicant/Parent or Guardian
The Caribbean And Floridian Association Inc., is a non-profit, and fully accredited 501 (c)(3) organization, that was formed in Central Florida by like-minded individuals who realized a need for an association, that could assist new arrivals to Central Florida particularly those with a Caribbean background.
The Association was organized exclusively for charitable, educational, religious, and scientific purposes for all members of the community. CAFA also supports and participates in activities of other 501 (c) (3) organizations located within Central Florida.
One of the goals of CAFA is to foster, promote, and advance the education and service programs and activities that respond to the needs of at-risk youth and elderly persons in our community.
Thank you for your interest in the 2023 Caribbean And Floridian Association, Inc. Scholarship Program. This scholarship is available to all graduating high school students in the state of Florida.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, please Click on the Link Below:
Complete all the required information as specified on the coversheet checklist. All required documents must be submitted no later than – July 1, 2023. These documents can be hand delivered to any Committee member or mailed. You will also be notified by a member of the Service and Education Committee if any additional information is needed.
The following items MUST be completed and returned:
- Obtain (an official or unofficial) transcript from your attending high school. All completed courses, grades and GPA must be 3.0 unweighted.
- Acquire two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, pastor, community service organization or someone in an authoritative role that has had an impact on your life.
- Include a copy of the acceptance letter from the college/university/vocational training school you intend to enroll in.
- Obtain a letter or copy of the community service log sheet documenting you have competed at least seventy-five (75) hours of community service within your high school years.
- Prepare a written 500-word essay titled “Where do I see myself in the next five (5) years?”
- Send a 250-word essay on your biography/profile.
- All documents MUST be mailed, or hand delivered on or before the deadline – July 1, 2023.
If any additional information is needed, please send inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the “Subject” box add “CAFA Scholarship Program”. You will receive a reply from the Chairperson of the Service and Education Committee. Or feel free to reach out to the Chairperson, Mrs. Cheryl Reid-Payne at 407-334-4526.
Application Mailing Address
Chairperson, Service & Education Committee
Caribbean And Floridian Association, Inc.
Undergraduate Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 450786
Kissimmee, Florida 34743-0786