Annual Scholarship Award
Criteria for Eligibility
Applications are to be submitted with supporting documentation no later than: May 1st, 2017
Thank you for your interest in applying for a CAFA Educational Scholarship. Click this Link to open the Application and Checklist forms for printing and data entry. Its important that you read and understand the application submission Criteria for Eligibility.
2017 Awards Ceremony
The Education Committee has finalize the date and event location. Please see below for the pertinent information.
Date: August 13, 2017
Ticket Price: Adults – $ 30. – Children – $ 15.
Time: 3:00 P.M.
This Year’s Theme:
Thank you for your interest in the CAFA Education Scholarship. This scholarship is available to all graduating students from high schools within Central Florida. The deadline for application submission is: May 1st, 2017.
To start, you can view; download; print and complete the application from the link listed below. Please note that a filled-out cover-sheet checklist, is also a required submission document.
To complete the packet, you must:
- Obtain a transcript from your high school (official or unofficial) that will show all courses completed with grades and GPA.
- Acquire two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, pastor, community service organization or someone in an authoritative role that has had an impact on your life.
- Enclose a copy of the letter of acceptance you received from your intended college/university.
- Next, you must obtain a letter or community service log sheet, documenting that you have completed at least seventy (75) community service hours within your high school years.
- Finally, present a written essay (500 words) on the following topic: “Why do you believe you are the best recipient for this scholarship?” In addition, a short biography that is no more than 200 words, highlighting important aspects of your life.
Upon fulfilling the above requirements, forward your application package to the address stated below or hand deliver to any member of the CAFA Education Committee.
A CAFA Education Committee member will promptly contact you, to schedule a face-to-face interview at a time that will be convenient to both you and the interviewer.
Thank you again for your time, effort, and good luck on all future endeavors.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Shelley A. Briggs at 407-406-7564
Application Mailing Address
Chairman, Education Committee
Caribbean And Floridian Association, Inc.
Undergraduate Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 450786
Kissimmee, Florida 34746-0786